Men’s erection problems are a very broad topic that most men find embarrassing, usually avoiding talking about their problems with maintaining full sexual performance. This creates another, even more serious problem, because how to help someone who doesn’t want to talk about what’s wrong. There are various disorders that we can put behind this term, all of which require immediate countermeasures, otherwise they will have a negative impact on the overall health, both physical and mental.
Sexual frigidity – the first of the most common male potency problems
There are many types of sexual performance disorders in men, with different backgrounds, more or less difficult to treat. One of them is sexual frigidity, contrary to popular beliefs concerning not only women. It also concerns men, although it is commonly referred to as hypolibidemia, manifesting itself as a sudden or prolonged decline in sexual needs, which immediately disrupts the proper relationship with the partner. If we do not take the right steps, it may even lead to a permanent breakup of the relationship, in which, after all, sex also plays an important role. Hypolibidemia (hypoactive sexual desire disorder – HSDD) occurs in men regardless of their age, it can have various causes, specialists point out, among other things, its psychological background, and is most often caused by:
- severe stress, another serious disease of modern society, which has a significant negative impact on men’s intimate life. It’s fair to say that most of us are constantly exposed to it, which makes us even unable to think about sex, the symptoms can be so intense;
- fatigue, physical and mental, other ailments that often accompany us in life. Overwhelmed by overabundance of our responsibilities, mostly professional, constantly busy and in rush, after returning home we only dream of taking a rest, not of sexual intimacy with our partner;
- conflicts and arguments in the relationship. The truth is that they cannot be avoided and unresolved can have an impact on intimate relationships, so it is worth solving them quickly in order to prevent potency problems and growing coldness towards the person you love. It is worth taking care of the relationship, partnership or marriage at all times to avoid boredom and monotony creeping into it. Let us indulge in a little bit of craziness, organize a romantic candlelight dinner or a weekend outing, and desire and feeling will flourish with a new, previously unknown energy.
Erectile dysfunction – a disease that cannot be ignored by any man
Apart from frigidity, this is the most serious sexual dysfunction that a man may encounter, the reason not only for stress but also depression, sometimes even resulting in suicide attempts. Let’s say it’s the number one male erection problem, but at the same time difficult to cure, although we are often, to some extent, to blame for it ourselves. Erectile dysfunction manifests itself in the inability to achieve or maintain a proper full erection throughout the intercourse. This is a disease that must not be underestimated at all, and studies carried out from time to time show that in our country alone more than 3 million men can already be affected. It is not only an independent disease unit, it can also be a symptom of developing other ailments in the body, so its treatment can be multifaceted and complicated. There are many reasons for this, but the most common are:
- psychological background, sometimes reaching even adolescence, arising from improper presentation of sex as something reprehensible, which resulted in inhibitions and fear of intercourse;
- a diet, which in the case of men with erection problems should not be accidental. Achieving and maintaining an erection is directly related to the functioning of the circulatory system, so it is necessary to select the components of the diet to prevent even the smallest diseases of the heart and circulatory system. Among other things, some saturated fats, large amounts of fatty red meat, junk food and other products that increase blood cholesterol levels should be avoided. Equally harmful is the excess of simple sugars, i.e. sweets, cookies, white rice and sweetened carbonated drinks, and alcohol, the greatest threat to male sexual performance. It seems to cause mental relaxation, but even in small amounts it can completely disrupt the ability to get an erection. The diet, in turn, must contain a large amount of vitamins and minerals, vegetables and fruits, and red meat should be better replaced with poultry or fish. The latter contain large amounts of beneficial Omega-3 fatty acids, which are important for lowering cholesterol levels and the functioning of the nervous system by supporting the serotonin production;
- diseases manifested by erectile dysfunction and some medications used to treat them. Most often we are dealing here with the aforementioned diseases of the heart and circulatory system, which make it difficult, and sometimes even impossible, for the proper blood supply to the penis. Equally often, problems with erection are caused by mechanical trauma to the spinal cord resulting in partial or complete paralysis of the lower body. As far as medication is concerned, it is important to be careful with the specifics used in the treatment of hypertension, depression, diseases of urinary system or cancer;
- hormonal imbalance, evincing, among others, too low levels of testosterone, a hormone that allows us to maintain full sexual performance for many years of activity. Maintaining sufficient testosterone levels also has another advantage for a man, such as preventing accelerated baldness;
- lack of exercise, physical activity required not only for potency, but also to control possible weight gain. Too much adipose tissue accumulates in the body, resulting, of course, from an inappropriate, too fatty diet, has a huge impact on the development of erectile dysfunction. After all, body fat also affects the arteries and veins, making it difficult for blood to flow to the intimate areas.
Erection problems – recommended and effective treatment methods, pharmacological and natural
There are more reasons for the emergence of potency problems, which is why we have presented only those that we can have any impact on by introducing a healthy diet and treating the diseases that cause it. Erectile dysfunction or sexual frigidity itself also require treatment, and it is usually done in two ways:
1. Pharmacological removal of erection problems
When we observe growing problems with erection or a regular lack of desire for sex, we direct our steps to a specialist in the treatment of these diseases. Most often, they prescribe appropriate pharmacological drugs, preparations to ensure proper blood supply to the penis, such as the famous blue pills. Their effectiveness cannot be undermined, however, they work only temporarily for visible symptoms, taken immediately before the intercourse, give a strong erection, but do not eliminate the internal causes of the disorder. Use such specifics with caution, because the active substances used in them, such as sildenafil, can cause unpleasant side effects. These include nausea, vomiting, headaches and dizziness, drops in blood pressure, palpitations, drowsiness and tiredness, vision disorders and watery eyes, feeling of heat.
2. Natural herbal methods to solve all erection problems and dysfunctions
Looking at the number of possible side effects, it is better to turn to natural methods, apply equally effective herbal treatments. You may have to wait a little longer, but they will be long-lasting, not temporary. Herbs that help in the treatment of potency and erection problems have been used for hundreds, if not for more years, and practically all over the world, they are also recommended by specialists. Of the many herbs and plants with healing properties, the most commonly used are:
- Maca root, originating in Peru, contains all the vitamins and minerals a man needs for an active sex life. Thanks to them, the blood supply to the genitals is quickly improved, the erection is stronger and harder than ever before, and fertility is also increased;
- tribulus terrestris, also known as ground mace, which increases the level of testosterone production, regulates blood pressure and the amount of cholesterol contained in it. Regular use of mace results in stronger immunity, better performance and physical endurance also useful during the intercourse;
- Damiana leaf, an aphrodisiac used already at the turn of the 3rd and 4th century, which takes weakened libido to a whole new level. It is also appreciated for its stress-relieving, anti-inflammatory effects, preventing infertility and premature ejaculation, the latter of which is another common erection problem;
- ashwagandha, known as Indian ginseng, a natural and extremely strong testosterone booster, which also provides the body with a peaceful rest and full recovery even after the greatest physical exertion. It gives the energy needed for sex, increases the production of high-quality sperm, thus positively affecting fertility. It regulates blood pressure, protects against the risk of heart and circulatory system diseases, lowers LDL cholesterol in the blood.